January 25, 2019 can’t get here soon enough. Resident Evil fans are salivating like the zombies that haunted the halls of the Spencer Mansion after getting the first glimpse of the remake of Resident Evil 2. Now we got actual gameplay footage showing the 20-year-old reimagined classic in action.
Oh, this game looks scary good.
The developers revealed during the gameplay demo at PlayStation E3 booth that Resident Evil 2 isn’t just a remake, but it’s a whole new game they built off the foundation of the original. The game is a combination of the old and the new and will utilize Resident Evil 4’s over-the-shoulder style, but that’s where it stops. Unlike RE4, RE2 remake is not a full-on action game, bullets will be scarce, the zombies and other dangerous bio-organic weapons are a lot tougher to kill, health items few and far between which helps keep this game true to its survival horror roots.
Based on what is shown in this gameplay demo, the game is indeed challenging as the developers themselves are struggling to survive from the moment they begin playing. Another big reveal was the fact this game runs on the same engine that powered the critically acclaimed Resident Evil VII. Those who remember playing the original RE2 would do themselves justice by forgetting whatever knowledge they may still have of the original’s layout while playing this new version. Everything is different, and the scares you remembered waiting for you in certain corners have now been placed somewhere else.
Resident Evil 2 looks like a sure winner, and it is clear the developers took their time in crafting this game together to give fans the experience they so desperately wanted in the remake. Check out the gameplay demo below and relive the reimagined worst first day on the job ever.
Todrick Hall, the former “American Idol” contestant and famed Beyoncé medley master, has taken aim at the beloved Halloween classic “Hocus Pocus” on his new MTV show “Todrick.” After bringing Belle from “Beauty and the Beast” to the hood and back and showing Leonardo DiCaprio the door in his “Titanic” parody “Titaniqua,” it was only a matter of time before the Sanderson sisters got the Todrick treatment.
In “Hocus Broke-us” the trio of witches that haunted your childhood nightmares (originally played by Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy) are still on the hunt for eternal youth, but now go by different names: Seyoncé, Kelly and Michelle. After touring the underworld for 22 years, the Sanderson sisters must now adapt to a world of hoverboards, trap music and Fetty Wap. Even Midler’s “I Put A Spell On You” gets a 2015 update.
The last time we heard about “Hocus Pocus 2”, the Divine Miss M herself expressed an interest in breaking out her buck teeth and broom during an Reddit AMA last year. ”You have to go to send in your cards to the Walt Disney company,” she said. “The ball’s in their court.”
Maybe the power of Todrick can get Disney to the negotiating table.
Well, we didn’t see this coming, amid the “Straight Outta Compton” furor! Some parody people got together and revisit N.W.A.’s hits from a squeaky clean kids’ point of view. “Love The Police”? Really? Check out the comedic malarky. LOL!
More than 18 years after “Final Fantasy VII” debuted on the original Sony PlayStation, a modern remake is coming to PlayStation 4, developer Square Enix announced at a Sony press conference Monday night.
The original game has sold more than 9 million copies since its Japanese debut in early 1997. It proved so popular that it got a straight-to-DVD feature film sequel called “Advent Children,” a prequel video game for the PlayStation Portable called “Crisis Core,” and plenty of other spinoff titles.
Fans have clamored for a remake for newer systems since at least 2005, when the game’s iconic opening sequence was used to showcase the then-upcoming PlayStation 3 hardware.
The “‘Final Fantasy VII” trailer, embedded above and available here, says the game will be available “first” on PlayStation 4, suggesting a possible release on other platforms.
— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, coming off his best-ever opening with disaster movie “San Andreas,” is in talks to star in “Big Trouble in Little China,” the remake of the 1980s action adventure movie being developed by Twentieth Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
It seems Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is having an earth-shaking week. His disaster blockbuster “San Andreas” topped the U.S. box office over the weekend, and now news has emerged that the 43-year-old actor is in talks to star in and produce a remake of the ‘80s cult classic “Big Trouble in Little China” for 20th Century Fox.
According to The Wrap, Johnson is in negotiations to play Jack Burton, the tough-as-nails truck driver protagonist, in the remake. Burton was portrayed by Kurt Russell in the original film.
Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, of “Thor” and “X-Men: First Class” fame, will pen the script for the remake, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Johnson will reportedly produce the film with Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia, his producing partners at Seven Bucks Productions.
A representative for Johnson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.