Cardi B is the queen of the Billboard Hot 100 charts after becoming the first female rapper to top the list twice. With “Bodak Yellow” and her current hit “I Like It,” Bardi’s staying power on the charts cannot be overlooked any longer.
Cardi B, Bad Bunny and J Balvin’s “I Like It” lifts from No. 2 to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, granting Cardi B an unprecedented feat in the chart’s history, as she becomes the first female rapper with two No. 1s. She first reigned with her debut hit, “Bodak Yellow (Money Moves),” for three weeks beginning Oct. 7, 2017.
Meanwhile, Latin music stars Bad Bunny and Balvin earn their first Hot 100 No. 1 each.
Cardi B’s Record Second Hot 100 No. 1: “Like” is the 1,076th No. 1 in the Hot 100’s archives, which dates to the chart’s Aug. 4, 1958, inception.
Thanks to “Bodak Yellow” and now “Like,” Cardi B passes four female rappers who previously topped the tally with one No. 1 apiece: Lauryn Hill, with “Doo Wop (That Thing),” for two weeks in 1998; Lil’ Kim, with “Lady Marmalade,” with Christina Aguilera, Mya and P!nk (five weeks, 2001); Shawnna, as featured on Ludacris’ “Stand Up” (one, 2003); and, Iggy Azalea, with “Fancy,” featuring Charli XCX (seven, 2014).
As a fashion designer, Recho Omondi used to think that keeping her head down, toiling away in her studio and not offering her opinion was enough — but then she realized it wasn’t.
“Historically there has been this notion that designers shouldn’t talk, and I subscribed to that a little bit, but those rules don’t work,” said Omondi, who is Kenyan-American and grew up in the Midwest. “That integrity s–t is so out of the window. It’s not that I am selling out, but I have a point of view and I’m over it.”
Omondi, who graduated from the Savannah College of Art and Design in 2011 and held pattern making and design stints at brands including Calvin Klein, The Gap and Suno before launching her women’s line in 2013, said she loves fashion but is over how shrouded it is in smoke and mirrors. And she’s hoping to use her podcast, The Cutting Room Floor, which debuted this week, to lift the veil on an industry she believes is riddled with misinformation.
“I felt a duty to the young people who followed me, who love this industry but they feel shut out and they don’t know how to get in,” said Omondi,
Oscar®-winning actress Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn star with Bruce Willis in Robert Zemeckis' outrageously entertaining comedy about greed, vanity, sex, immortality, life… and death. Isabella Rossellini is a beautiful enchantress who changes their lives – and deaths – forever in this hilarious dark comedy with ground-breaking special effects that the Chicago Tribune calls "diabolically inventive."
Dustin Lynch has landed his second consecutive hit with “Hell of a Night.” The cut, culled from Dustin’s sophomore album Where It’s At, follows his previous number one hit and title track. “Wow! Thank you to all my friends at country radio. You have changed my life, my band’s lives and our families’ lives,” Lynch says. “Can’t wait to celebrate two in a row with you . . .” RTT – Music Webcam Performers Wanted – Earn $ 100,000 per year!
I’m watching the Donald Trump campaign for president with the same amount of amusement as everyone else. The only difference is that I think he has a legitimate shot at becoming president. You’ll choke when I tell you why, because you’ll agree.
Realistically, the mood of the country is that it is time for a woman to be president. If you have watched any broadcast TV lately you know that commercials have swung from the traditional anti-woman sexist stuff of the past to become flagrantly anti-male. (Mostly. Still some exception.) That’s the national mood. Clinton is in the right place at the right time. The era of women has arrived. Nothing but a health problem or a new scandal could stop the inevitability train.
But if Hillary does not coast into the White House as I expect (and this is a prediction, not a preference) you will see a Donald Trump presidency.
Here’s why. I’ll start with some obvious stuff and then get to my surprise reason that Trump could become president. I’ll bet you don’t see it coming.
For starters, the visceral reaction that makes so many people dislike Trump has a lot to do with his New York style. I grew up in upstate New York and his style registers with me in a completely different way than it does with my California friends who can’t stand him. What I see is bluntness, honesty, some risk-taking, and a competitive nature. I don’t hate any of that. In fact, I kind of like it.
I have blogged about making the transition from my New York personality to my California personality. New Yorkers tend to say whatever they think is true to whoever is standing nearby. Not much filter. Californians say what they think will make you feel good. The California way would feel like lying if it were not so well-meaning.
I certainly understand that Trump comes off as arrogant, obnoxious, and lots of other bad stuff. But over time, and compared to the liars on stage with him, you might get hooked on hearing his honest opinions. That’s how the New York style works. At first you hate it because it seems so harsh. In time you start to appreciate the honesty. And when you realize the harshness is not a signal of real evil – just a style – you tend to get over it. He won’t win over all of his haters, but I predict that his New York style will grow on people more than you would expect. You could say his style is his biggest problem, but it might be self-solving with time and exposure. He is getting both.
When I speak of honesty in this context, I’m not talking about Trump inflating his business success record. Keep in mind that Trump is literally in the business of exaggerating the value of his brand, so if you see him doing exactly that – and breaking no laws in the process – you might come to understand it as nothing but a business approach that is apparently working.
Trump is a business-Republican as opposed to a social conservative. He is the first candidate in memory that could legitimately offer this proposition:
1. Social freedom (that liberals like)
2. Stronger economy without raising taxes (that Republicans like)
I’m not saying he can deliver on any promises. I’m only saying he is likely to have the sort of platform that looks appealing to independents.
Now let’s say Trump gets strategic because he sees that his stroll across the presidential landscape is being taken seriously. He never really had to get serious before. But I’ll bet he could turn it on like a switch if he thought it would get him elected. I would expect him to dial back his crazy-sounding stuff as his poll numbers grow.
But that’s not what gets him elected. If he wants the independents and some Democrats to vote his way, he needs something bigger. He needs a trump card.
And he has it.
I believe Donald Trump could become President of the United States if he promised to shave his head upon winning. Or perhaps he could do it a month before election to suck all the media attention from his competitor.
Right. Think about it. Voters are emotional creatures and they would love such an act of humility coming from such an egotistical jerk. People love to see other people change. That is the formula for successful movies: The protagonist changes when the audience thinks such change is not possible. We LOVE that.
Hillary Clinton has a 95% chance of being our next president unless we get some surprises. But the other 5% is all Trump. So if Clinton stumbles, Trump is running the country. Assuming he shaves his head.
[Update: This article is a good complement to my post. And it makes me wonder how long before Trump’s supporters will be labelled “limbics.”]
In Top Tech Blog, read about 3D printers for printing pharmaceutical drugs. This is part of why I predict healthcare costs will drop 90% in your lifetime. But what happens when anyone can print drugs at home? Might be a downside!
Two months after its low-key bow, the critically acclaimed film is getting a wider release, with new dates booked through August, and has already covered its production budget at the Japanese box office.
Dec 28 (Reuters) – Sony Pictures said on Sunday that the “The Interview” had been purchased or rented online more than 2 million times, generating more than $ 15 million in the first four days after the controversial comedy’s wide theatrical release was shelved.
This would rank the film, which angered North Korea and triggered a cyberattack against the studio, as the No. 1 online movie ever released by Sony Pictures, the company said in a statement.
The film has also brought in $ 2.8 million in the limited theatrical run that began Christmas Day in more than 300 mostly independent theaters, according to tracking firm Rentrak.
Sony is likely to reap larger receipts. The company’s first online revenue figures do not include Apple’s iTunes purchases or rentals after Apple agreed on Sunday to carry the movie on iTunes, the biggest and most-used store of online content.
The $ 44 million film starring Seth Rogen and James Franco had been expected to gross at least $ 20 million in its opening holiday weekend if it had gone to wide release, according to Boxoffice.com.
After large movie theater chains refused to screen the comedy following threats of violence from hackers who opposed the film, Sony stitched together a limited release in theaters and a $ 5.99 video-on-demand (VOD) rental option on YouTube, Google Play and other sites starting Dec. 24. (Reporting by Liana B. Baker and Mary Milliken; Editing by Phil Berlowitz) Entertainment – The Huffington Post
Entertainment News-Visit Adults Playland today for the hottest adult entertainment online!